Saturday, March 27, 2010

DEECEE'S WIRE WONDERS' "LINK LOVE" SUCCESS STORY



RELAXING IN THE DINING CAR WITH DOLCIE...

She has got to be one of the most sweetest, kindest and patient people on the whole planet! There are lots of ways to describe Dolcie and there isn't a negative thing among them! She likes a benchmark party as much as the rest of us, dives right in with the comments and easily shares and conveys the spirit of "LINK LOVE" to anyone who may be around! Dolcie is a tremendous LINK LOVER and a great asset to our ever growing community of linkers!

Her story...

"About five years ago, I began making wire wrapped jewelry. I took my jewelry to the local craft fairs and art shows. There was just enough sales to replace my supplies. I’ve been working with Toys for Tots for the past 10 years and during the months of November and December, all of my profits are given to the kids.

In 2008, I heard about Etsy and decided to open a shop for my jewelry, hoping to be able to give more than just my time for kids. After about a year with only two sales, I decided I would probably have to close the Etsy store.

Sometime in 2009, I joined the Facebook crowd to try to boost traffic to my shop. I accidentally came across a link on my fan page that me
ntioned, 'Link Love.' Not knowing what 'Link Love' was about, I went to her page and read the comments posted by people who listed their links on her page. To make a long story short, I started fanning and listing my links like crazy. Oh my – did I have the WRONG attitude!

This lovely lady sent a link to her blog explaining 'Link Love.' Thank you, Vickey. I really needed that gentle guidance in the righ
t direction. After reading the blog and asking questions, I figured out how to set up a discussion page, how to return the proper honors given by the other linkers, and most of all how much fun it was to really meet the people behind the 'links.' I started really looking at all the websites, blogs and shops of each one who fanned me and those I had fanned. I decided not to close my Etsy shop and give 'Link Love' a chance to increase traffic to my shop. That was the best decision I made in three years of trying to sell on the internet."

QUESTION: If you had to attribute one thing to "Link Love," what would that one thing be?
ANSWER: "Oh my goodness, you can’t say just one thing about 'Link Love!' 'Link Love' is like a bag of potato chips – you can’t have just one! It has been a tremendous boost to my morale. I have met so many wonderful people and seen countless beautiful creations made by the most amazing artists. I am truly flabbergasted at all the awesome things that were unknown to me until 'Link Love' happened by."

QUESTION: If a new fan asked you for advice and what to do to increase their fan base and exposure to the world, what would you tell them?
ANSWER: "First and most important, set up your discussion page, if you haven’t already, so the links won’t be lost in the crowd. Be sure to check your links. Don’t forget to put the 'http://' before your address so the link will show up (in blue) for others to link with you easily. List ALL of your websites. Understand the courtesy rules that can be found in The SPIRIT of 'Link Love' and don’t just fan and run! Take the time to visit the sites you link with and the sites from those who link with you. Start with the “veterans” discussion links, like Aprons by MeMe, By your Side or Runway Crochet. And, be sure to acknowledge and thank those who visit your page."

QUESTION: If you ran into some one opposed to "Link Love," what might you say to sway their opinion?
ANSWER: " 'Link Love' can and does bring more views to a website with less confusion than forums or chat rooms. If they haven't given 'Link Love' a chance, they don’t know all the benefits waiting for them.

QUESTION: How often do you hit the other "Participant Fan Page" Discussion Boards?
ANSWER: "Every chance I get. It is a happy addiction!"

QUESTION: What other good things could you say about "Link Love?"
ANSWER: "I could write a book about the enormous benefits 'Link Love' has for everyone. I have made three sales in three weeks through my Etsy store! To me, that is a 300% increase compared to the beginning, and I have been featured in a lovely blog with other artists. There have also been 11 sales through email orders. Advise, constructive criticism and ideas have been presented to me through private emails."
"When I go brain dead or my thoughts are hanging in the rafters, 'Link Love' is there to give me a jolt back to finding my creative juices."

"We also have PARTIES! What can I say? Vickey of Runway Crochet is the “hostess with the mostess.” Her parties are almost as much fun as those were for me in High School. However, it is not just a party, it is a celebration to add to the confidence of everyone who has reached each benchmark. It is a train filled with encouragement, passion, and assistance that rolls down the track without dissappearing into the sunset. 'Link Love' has an energy that is contagious and spreads like wild fire. It brightens up the websites for the search engines that helps potencial customers find your websites. 'Link Love' brings out the best in people and people bring out the best of 'Link Love.' "

DEECEE'S WIRE WONDERS' LINK LOVE STATS (as of 3-26-10)

"Link Love" start date: January 28, 2010 morning count

Starting FB Fans: 96
At Present 1089


Starting Etsy Hearts: about 39
At Present: 379


Starting Blog followers: 12
At Present: 72

Etsy sales
2008 total sales 2 to the same person
2009 total sales 0
2010 Feb sales 2 orders 7
2010 Mar sales 1 orders 5



DEECEE'S WIRE WONDERS' LINKS

http://www.facebook.com/DeeCeesWireWonders
http://deecee1.etsy.com
http://deecee1.blogspot.com/

Dolcie makes beautiful jewelry! Her materials are 14K gold filled wire – she says has 100 times more gold in it than gold plate. She also uses .925 Argentium sterling silver wire – highly tarnish resistant. Dolcie's more modestly priced items are made with copper or brass wire. The wire gauges she uses range from 18 to 38.
The hardness of the wire used is dependent upon the jewelry she creates.

She sculpts pendants and earrings! She makes bracelets and watches with loads of personality! Natural stones are her favorites to wrap, but she also enjoys using beads of all kinds, shapes and sizes. Dolcie loves freeform wire wrapping because the stone has no geometric shape. She says that sometimes it takes hours of staring at a stone before it tells her how to frame its beauty with wire. The stones also let her know weather to wrap them using one, two or three different colors of wire such as gold with silver and/or copper.

Dolcie does not use solder or glue with any of her designs. Each piece of jewelry is tested to make sure there are no sharp wire ends to scratch skin or snag clothing. These are some gorgeous samples of Dolcie's work!








PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO FB MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR "LINK LOVE" SUCCESS STORY SO YOU CAN BE FEATURED HERE! REMEMBER TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR STATS AND A GOOD ESTIMATE OF WHAT YOU STARTED WITH!!! ANY QUESTIONS, JUST MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/runwaycrochet.fans

9 comments:

  1. WAHOO Dolcie!! I agree, one of the SWEETEST "LINK LOVE" lovelies ever!! So, nice to learn more about Dolcie and her BEAUTIFUL jewelry!! All I can say is WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Dolcie! That's wonderful! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Vickey. I feel so privileged with the honor of being on your blog. Think I will go do the "Happy Dance".
    Michele and Dora, thank you both also for the lovely compliments and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so HAPPY for you Dolcie. Couldn't happen to a more giving and deserving person...you were one of my first Link Love fans. I thank-youso much...you have changed my understanding and appreciation of LINK LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice reading about and getting to know other etsy sellers. "LINK LOVE" is a great tool. Best of luck on your sales Dolcie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dolcie what a cool blog you have here! I'm also part of Link Love on FB and I got here somehow. I Tweeted you blog to my Twitter friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm part of it as well and go through and look for blogs and fan pages of things that really interest me (rather than just fan indiscriminately) and really love the diversity. Love Dolcie and that she is so active on the sites and pages. All the very best to you Dolcie and all the rest of you lovely people.
    Thank you for this and love links.
    Very appreciative.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. I get a warm feeling from each of your comments. How wonderful it is to be a part of the Link Love family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice write up. Easy to understand and straight to the point.

    Term Papers

    ReplyDelete