Sunday, September 5, 2010

SUPERIOR AGATES' SUCCESS STORY



BEAUTIFUL ADORNMENTS FOR YOU WITH MARIE'S HANDMADE JEWELRY


Beautiful Art for your neck and ears! That's what Marie's craft truly is... Lovely to look at and compliments galore when you wear it for your world to see!


Marie's brass wire cross pendant was recently featured in THE CLOSET CO-OP'S Etsy Treasury and a YouTube video (links posted below). It's just STUNNING with old-world charm and detail that might just remind you of something right out of a page from the history of the middle ages. Can't you just imagine one of the ladies at King Arthur's court wearing this cross on a silk cord around her neck? And what about those earrings that match!


No doubt! Marie is a hard worker, loves her craft and derives joy from it. It shows in all her works of ART! She was also recently featured in a newspaper (Mille Lacs Messenger) article!


HER STORY...
"In May 2009, I lost my job due to a health issue I couldn't control. After working all my life and never being without a job for longer that a couple days, I was devastated to say the least. This is "who I am" was my way of thinking... I'm a work-a-holic... I love to work –what would I do? I think I cried for 2 weeks!


The week before I was terminated, I put in 111 hours in a single week! Even though I was tired, I loved it. "Work me more!" LOL! Well, I'm jobless now. What would I do? I had a garage sale to pass a little time and made a few bucks. But, this guy showed up on a motorcycle and notices I had a rock pit behind my house! He wanted to know if he could hunt agates sometime... "What's an agate?!" I had no clue, but that was my introduction in to the world of rocks and stones.


All summer, I hunted them, nine or 10 hours a day, and I got into tumbling them for polishing. Soon though, after I saw how long it took to get agates to a shine – six months or more – I figured out there had to be something else I could do with them!


In September 2009, I started to learn how to wire wrap. I thought my wraps were a JOKE to say the least! But, I was determined to learn and kept at it. By December, I had the hang of it and was buying supplies to use in my wrapping. Now how in the world was I gonna get some of that money back?


I opened my Etsy shop at the end of January 2010, and have had a blast learning all there is to know about making it work. I also joined Facebook to start a business page, but had no idea how to even work it. Then I found #LINKLOVE and the rest is history! I don't even remember HOW I found it! But, it was probably by accident, since I didn't even know how Facebook worked. And, unfortunately I don't know who introduced it to me - but I love fan/liking business/fan pages and challenging myself to see how many I can get done in one day. Especially if I run across someone's #LINKLOVE discussion topic that has 20 or more posts! I will go through each of them, individually, and find everyone I have not fan/liked yet. Sometimes more than 200 in a day, but it's fun for me!


Still a work-aholic, I am now all about my jewelry and learning more about my craft. I am still out of the traditional work force world, but I am having a blast with my jewelry making!"


QUESTION: If you had to attribute one thing to "Link Love," what would that one thing be?
ANSWER: "FUN! Oh, wow! All the business/fan pages full of gorgeous items you get to see and meeting new people, which I am no good at, #LINKLOVE makes that part easy for someone like me!"


QUESTION: If a new fan asked you for advice and what to do to increase their fan base and exposure to the world, what would you tell them?
ANSWER: "Create a discussion tab right away, with the #LINKLOVE Topic created, then get to fan/liking other pages. Then begin posting and working links to those who also have the #LINKLOVE Topic set up, and always make sure to return the fan/likes for your page. Check your discussion topic regularly!"


QUESTION: If you ran into some one opposed to #LINKLOVE, what might you say to sway their opinion?
ANSWER: "If you have not tried it, then you should! If you have tried it, and folks did not fan/like you back and that is the reason you hate it - then lets talk about what you did or did not do... Did you have a topic set up in your discussions? Did you return all the fan/likes to your page? Did you step outside the box, and ask someone else to help you? Maybe you should try again!"


QUESTION: How often do you hit the other business/fan pages' discussion topics?
ANSWER: "I try to hit them every other day and sometimes, everyday!"


QUESTION: What other good things could you say about #LINKLOVE?
ANSWER: "It's fun, easy, you make new friends, and get to see all the wonderful talent there is out there! My fan base is up, my Etsy hearts are up, and my sales are up... So, I think that pretty much says it all!"


SUPERIOR AGATES #LINKLOVE STATS


#LINKLOVE Start Date: February 2010


Starting FB fan/likes: 10
At present: 1479


Starting Etsy Hearts: 100
At present: 651


Starting Etsy Sales: 50
At present: 126


Starting Twitter Followers: 0
At present: 1713


Starting Blog Followers: 0
At present: 50 


SUPERIOR AGATES LINKS


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Superior-Agates/300843198752


http://superioragates.blogspot.com/


http://www.etsy.com/shop/superioragates


http://www.twitter.com/superioragates


Etsy Treasury with Marie's Brass Wire Cross Pendant
http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c73d5916aa68eef82c621ce/ispy-outfitted-for-an-autumn-stakeout


YouTube Video featuring Marie's Brass Wire Cross Pendant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03WKXQTTh0


Marie's jewelry is simply exquisite! Just get your eyes full with the pictures below!
























IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE FEATURED ON THIS BLOG, KEEP UP WITH YOUR STATS, FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT AND SEND ME A FB MESSAGE OR EMAIL ME AT runwaycrochet@gmail.com WITH YOUR SUCCESS STORY! NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOU STARTED AND WHERE YOU ARE PRESENTLY, ETC., WITH YOUR FAN/LIKES, TWITTER FOLLOWERS, ETSY HEARTS, BLOG FOLLOWERS AND ANY SALES THAT CAME FROM YOUR EXPOSURE THROUGH #LINKLOVE!!! HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU TO GET THERE... HOW OFTEN YOU HIT THE "PARTICIPANT FAN PAGES," ETC.!!! THIS IS ANOTHER WAY TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD!!! LET'S KEEP THE #LINKLOVE REVOLUTION GOING AND LET THE WORLD KNOW THAT IT WORKS!!!

10 comments:

  1. Superb Article!! Marie you are an Amazing Artisan!! You have the "True Spirit of #LINKLOVE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for featuring me ...this is truely an honor! I am proud to be a part of LINKLOVE!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT article!! I LOVE learning about the lovelies behind the shops!! Marie's work is AMAZING and so is she, and so is she, a TRUE #LINKLOVE LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful article about a great artisan!! Yays all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie is such an inspiration. I'm happy to see her story along with her beautiful jewelry. Fantastic article about an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review and very beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great article on a wonderful jewelry artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous agate jewelry and an inspiring story! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete